£40 freeze-out report January 5th

1/06/2009 03:02:00 am / Posted by Rich /

The first tournament of the new year was a roaring success with unprecedented numbers having something better to do and not showing up, leaving just 13 runners to contest the £40 freeze-out.

It was standing room only unless you wanted to sit down

A car crash hand after only a few minutes reduced the field by a quarter. With blinds at 25/50 yours truly came in for a raise making it 175 to go with the Ace-10 of diamonds. Called by Paul of Peros, Twiz of Porter and someone else, I forget who...Joe of Azipuru I think.

We saw a flop of 3d-4s-5d. Checked to me and I therefore make it 350 and why not as I have the nut flush draw and gut-shot straight with two overs. But wait though, wait….Paul of Peros announces re-raise!!! Fuck my life I says. He makes it another 1,000 to go. Twiz of Porter calls the 1,350!! Gasp!

I decide cause I’m having problems with my patience just these last few decades of my life, that I’m shoving my remain stack in and it’s another 3,500-ish to go if they like it, I know Paul has a set, but I feel like I'm due an out-draw. Call that if you don't like money suckers!! Called in both spots.

D'oh!

Although there’s a wee bit of betting on the side between Paul and Twiz, it all goes in on the turn which was the 5 of cock-sucking diamonds. It completes my Ace-high flush, but it also fills Paul of Peros up as he’s holding pocket 4's. Twiz of Porter also had a flush draw (8-6 diamonds) and that was all she wrote for the two of us.



Paul of Peros then went on to manoeuvre his way through the rest of the field to take first prize in what was in his words, "the greatest moment of my life," which he insisted we capture on camera so he can show his mam.

Paul told us afterwards, “I’ve never felt so alive. I know it’s only the first week of January, but this has made my year. It’s always been a dream of mine to win a poker tournament so what a wonderful beginning to the year. I’m quite emotional really, sorry..I just can’t believe it..no but seriously, thanks to everyone at the Winrush Valley Card Club...yes..but no I mean…so yes, fucking brilliant.”

fucking brilliant

Next week’s game is a £50 freeze-out. It could happen to you too. Why not come along? Bring your friends, bring your Mam too if she’s free and you too could also feel like Paul, fucking brilliant.

* * *

Money places

1. Paul Peros £250
2. Matthew Bowden £150
3. The Salmon £100

* * *

0 comments:

Post a Comment